By airplane to SOFIA airport
You can make your way from the airport to Studentski grad (Student town) by city bus, metro or taxi.
- The bus No. 84 leaves every 10-15 minutes from 5:00 to 23:00. The shuttle costs 1,60 leva for the trip. Bus No. 84 brings passengers from the airport to the the bus stop called “Sofia University”. But you have to get off at stop “Hotel Pliska”. From bus stop “Hotel Pliska” (you have to go on the other side of the street – the opposite direction and buy a new ticket) you have to take bus No.280 which ends at Studentski grad (block 23A – bus stop “Sportna zala Hristo Botev”). The travel time to Studentski grad from the airport is about 50-60 minutes. The stops are announced on the public address system on the bus.
- From Terminal 2 you can get the metro to metro station “Serdika” and there you can transfer to the Metro Line 1 to station “G.M. Dimitrov". There you can take bus No. 280 to Studentski grad (block 23A – bus stop “Sportna zala Hristo Botev”). There is a free shuttle bus (white and small) between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, in case you arrive in Terminal 1.
- For your convenience and safety, we would recommend that you use the services of the taxi companies, which Sofia airport has contract with. You can take a taxi directly at the taxi stands, located in front of the western exit of the building of the Terminal 1 and 2. Some taxi drivers inside or outside the airport may ask you to give you a ride! They are cheaters! Do not go with them! Instead of 15l leva, you might pay 50 leva.
Taxi company: OK Supertrans, Phone + 359 2 973 21 21
Normally the taxi from the airport to Studentski grad cost between 10 and 15 leva. (between 0,7 and 0,9 leva per km )
Coming by train/bus
- Passengers travelling to Sofia by train/bus come to the Central station. You can get to Studentski grad by Metro Line 2 to station “Serdika” and there you can transfer to the Metro Line 1 to station “G.M. Dimitrov”. At station “G.M. Dimitrov, take bus number 290 or 294 to the bus stop “Sportna zala Hristo Botev” (block 23A). Or you can get to Studentski grad by Metro Line 2 to station “European Union” and take bus 94 to bus stop “Sportna zala Hristo Botev”.
- From the train/bus station you can take a direct bus to Studentski grad. Bus No. 413 brings passengers from the Central bus/train station to the the bus stop called “Studentska poliklinika”.
- Taxi - "OK Supertrans" costs between 10 and 15 leva from the Central Station to Studentski grad. We recommend you to check the price (sticker on the window) before to use the taxi (between 0,7 and 0,9 leva per km ).
One single-trip ticket (bus, metro) costs 1,60 lev (0.80 Euro). There are also ten-trip voucher tickets at the price of 12 leva (6 Euro) as well as public transport cards.
Many facilities in the Bulgaria are closed on weekends (Saturday and Sunday), so it is advisable to arrive on a weekday, if at all possible. It is much better to arrive early in the day, so that you have plenty of time to reach Studentski grad.
Students are kindly requested to arrive during workdays, not on weekends or during holidays, in order to register and pay for their accommodation.